I dare say, even a footman could afford to buy the first five seasons of Downton Abbey on Blu-ray for $55. [Preorder Masterpiece Classic: Downton Abbey: Seasons 1-5, $55]
The novel that inspired a hit Matthew McConaughey film is only $3 on Kindle today. I bought a copy. [The Lincoln Lawyer [Kindle], $3]
Mickey Haller is a Lincoln Lawyer, a criminal defense attorney who operates out of the backseat of his Lincoln Town Car, traveling between the far-flung courthouses of Los Angeles to defend clients of every kind. Bikers, con artists, drunk drivers, drug dealers - they’re all on Mickey Haller’s client list. For him, the law is rarely about guilt or innocence, it’s about negotiation and manipulation. Sometimes it’s even about justice.
A Beverly Hills playboy arrested for attacking a woman he picked up in a bar chooses Haller to defend him, and Mickey has his first high-paying client in years. It is a defense attorney’s dream, what they call a franchise case. And as the evidence stacks up, Haller comes to believe this may be the easiest case of his career. Then someone close to him is murdered and Haller discovers that his search for innocence has brought him face-to-face with evil as pure as a flame. To escape without being burned, he must deploy every tactic, feint, and instinct in his arsenal - this time to save his own life.
Movies & TV
- Preorder Masterpiece Classic: Downton Abbey: Seasons 1-5 ($55) | Amazon
- Preorder Southpaw ($18) | Amazon
- Legend of Korra: Book Four: Balance ($19) | Amazon
- Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow ($10) | Amazon
- Interstellar ($12) | Amazon
- Creepshow ($6) | Amazon
- Alfred Hitchcock: The Classic Collection ($15) | Best Buy
- Final Destination ($6) | Amazon
Books & Magazines
- FREE METRO 2033. The novel behind the METRO: LAST LIGHT video game [Kindle] | Amazon
- The Lincoln Lawyer [Kindle] ($3) | Amazon
- A Darker Shade of Magic: A Darker Shade of Magic, Book 1 Audiobook ($4) | Audible
Commerce Content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale. Click here to learn more. We want your feedback.
Send deal submissions to Deals@Gawker and all other inquiries to Shane@Gawker.