Use promo code ANOVAONE to get the Anova Sous-Vide Immersion Circulator for $99. That’s not only the cheapest this model has gone for but the cheapest Sous-Vide circulator we’ve ever seen. [Anova Sous-Vide Immersion Circulator, $99 with code ANOVAONE]
Pair it with the the FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System.
Lifehacker has a great explainer on Sous-Vide cooking for you to check out, but the basic idea is that you seal the food in plastic bags, and then cook it in hot water over a longer period of time. Here are some advantages to this process from Lifehacker’s guide:
- Cooking sous-vide results in evenly-cooked meat and fish.
- Cooking sous-vide gives you specific control over the final temperature of the meat, avoiding overdone, dried-out food.
- You can hold foods cooked sous-vide at their specified temperature for long periods of time without damaging the texture or quality of the dish, making it an ideal cooking method for holiday dinners or meals with multiple components and side-dishes.
- Bacterial or other contamination is largely not an issue with sous-vide cooking. While you may be cooking up to minimum safe temperatures, the length of time you’re holding the food at its safe temperature will pasteurize your meat and ensure the safety of your food, meaning “safe” meat doesn’t have to equal “dry” or “not pink” meat any longer. Still, keep your meat thermometer handy, and test before serving. Remember, sous-vide lets you hold food at temp for long periods without diminishing the quality of the food, so if it’s undercooked, you can seal the bag and put it back in.
- Sous-vide cooking is by nature a repeatable process. Set the temperature, set the timer, and walk away. You will wind up with perfectly cooked food every time you do it.
I’ve been using this Anova since April 2014, and really can’t recommend it enough. It’s like the Aeropress of meat cooking methods.
We’ve seen our fair share of cheap Bluetooth ear buds, but how about on-ears? Mpow’s Muze headphones are wireless, foldable, well-reviewed, and even noise-canceling. That’s a hell of a package for $54. Remember that if you’re getting an Apple Watch or Android Wear watch any time in the near future, you’ll need Bluetooth headphones to listen to music from the device. [Mpow Muze Superb Stereo Sound Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Headset, $54 with code 9G2PKHDV]
Heat and texture milk with this discounted $25 milk frother. Use code S9UWEQE4 to get the deal.
For a limited time, Amazon is offering bonus credit with the purchase of a number of Weber Grills that span the range of capability and price. The amount of credit varies based on which grill you buy, and the promotion information is hidden very well under the “Special Offers and Product Promotions” section of the listings.
- Weber One-Touch Kettle Grill | $79 + $20 credit | Lifehacker Hive Five winner
- Weber Genesis Gas Grill | $699 + $100 credit | Lifehacker Top Five Contender
- Weber Q Liquid Propane Grill | $199 + 20 credit | Lifehacker Top Five Contender
- See all the rest here
You need to be signed up for GMG’s e-mails for this code to work.
Check out the rest of today’s best deals:
- Roku 2 ($60) | Best Buy
- VIZIO 54” Home Theater Sound Bar w/ Integrated Deep Bass ($228) | Newegg
- Sony 2.1CH Bluetooth Soundbar with Wired Subwoofer ($75) | woot!
- Samsung 60in Smart LED TV ($1098) | Amazon
- V-MODA Crossfade M-80 On-Ear Headphones | Also in black | ($80) | Best Buy
- Eachine Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with LED Night Lights ($20) | Amazon | Use code YT66RRSR
Get wow Fast Retractable Dual-port Car Charger with Extended Coiled Charging Cable ($6) | Amazon | Use code Q68IIG6F
- Sony Action Video Camera with Live View Remote ($205) | Amazon
- Save $10 when you spend $50+ on Kershaw Knives
- Citizen Men’s Eco-Drive Canvas Strap Watch ($65) | eBay
Commerce covers the best products on Kinja Gear, finds you deals on those products on Kinja Deals, and asks you about your favorites on Kinja Co-Op, click here to learn more. We operate independently of Editorial and Advertising, and if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale. We want your feedback.
Send deal submissions to Deals@Gawker and all other inquiries to Shane@Gawker